Thursday, March 27, 2008

I'm that mom that my kids' teachers talk about!

Let me give you a little background here. Last year the mother's day out program that Koby attends had a mother's day luncheon. So I get my neighbor to keep the babies so I could go. Well, I get there and I had missed it by an hour even though I had written it on my calender, I guess I wrote it down wrong. So, while all the other kids were eating with their moms, singing for their moms and then giving their moms the gifts they made them, Koby's mom was not there. Besides that, all year I had forgotten to send things on time that the teacher had asked for. But at least last year I had an excuse because I had my second baby in a year's time and we moved all in the same month. My brain was not all there. But as this school year was beginning, I realized that I couldn't use that excuse anymore and that I would have to get it together, step it up a notch, etc. I've tried to get my money in on time, write correct times and dates on the calender, go to the parties, all that jazz. So, about six weeks ago, I got a note in Koby's backpack telling us to send 12 candy filled eggs for the Easter egg hunt they would have in April and to have them in in two weeks. So I thought, I will go ahead and send them early, be responsible. I did just that and I wrote it on my calender. So the day for the Easter egg hunt came and on the way to school I got Koby all excited about it and dropped him off. Then at 2:00 I went to pick him up and to my horror I saw all the other kids coming out with EASTER BASKETS full of eggs and even worse, my child was walking out with a WAL-MART sack filled with his eggs. I forgot to send his EASTER BASKET to hunt the eggs with! Idiot!!!! He said, "Mom you forgot my easter basket!" I felt horrible.
Okay, so fast-forward five days later, time to take Koby to school again. I get up early, get a shower rush all the kids around trying to get him ready, get his lunch packed. Right before we left, Maci dumped a box of frosted flakes all over my carpet. I was mad and spanked her and was just all frustrated ya know. So I put Maci and Kole on my hip and take them to the car, get them all in. I put the car in drive and Maci screams out "Shut my door!" I look back and she is not buckled in her car seat and the car door is wide open! So I go buckle her thinking to myself "I am losing my mind, literally", shut the door and drive Koby to school. As I'm driving I'm talking to Jill on the phone laughing about what just happened. I pull into the school parking lot and I see no cars and so I confirm with Jill that it is actually Tuesday, and ask her "Why is there nobody here?", as if she would know three states away, and then it dawns on me, IT IS SPRING BREAK!!!! The sad thing about it is that we are tiling our kitchen floor and the whole reason Troy took off work to do that is because it is, YOU GUESSED IT SPRING BREAK!!!! Idiot!!!
I used to never forget anything and be organized and have it all together. Those days are long gone!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I can't quit laughing. So, this is what I have to look forward to someday. :)

Chad said...

I don't know whether to laugh or be scared about what is coming my way.

Anonymous said...

I just have two and I can't remember when last diaper change was nor when they ate last. Having kids definantly creates mental retardation. Funny Stuff!

The Chandler Crew said...

Being a teacher I have to make extra sure that I have everything together. I used to make fun of Muffie for her lack of memory and now I am just as bad. It is funny how kids can do that to you.

Holly said...

Julie - you are crazy as ever! I can just see you writing this post!

Fuqua said...

Oh girl...I laughed so hard when your mom told me! If only I could remember all of the things I had done over the last 3 years!